Monday, August 20, 2007

Our new house - 170 Richard Dr.

I've received request after request to post some pictures of our new house. I'm sorry for the delay. I'll try to keep up a little better now. As you'll be able to see from the pictures, I've been pretty busy. Enjoy...

From the street

From the back--the house sits on just over a half acre.

The kitchen needed to be completely replaced. Several of the built in appliances no longer worked and due to their age were unrepairable.

The other side of the kitchen...note the lovely shutter-blinds.

And who could miss the quilted flooring (oops, I mean carpet)?

So we started ripping it out in the last week of June.


There were big beams supporting the old ceiling.

Autumn, Alex, and I gutted the majority of the kitchen in two mornings.
Then we reframed and rewired the whole room.

All of the demo debris went into the garage and has been subsequently burned and dumpstered.

When we bought the house we referred to this room as the Green Bay Packers room. It had such a lovely color scheme. It was such a shame to tear up the green carpet.

Under the carpet though was 12-inch asbestos tile that we'd just ripped up in this picture.

Hard to believe that this is the same room. It is going to be Autumn's "office."

Here is the gorgeous master bedroom. This room was named the Aquarium when we bought it.

Still blue, but a much better shade. Teal wasn't our thing.

If Autumn gets an office, then I get a Manspace.

But with a better paint job.


As other rooms are finished, I'll try to post updates in a more timely fashion. We have a lot more to do, but we're definitely coming along. As you may have noticed, a lot of the windows need to be replaced. The kitchen has been drywalled and tonight my father-in-law is putting on the third coat of mud.


There weren't any pictures of the living room yet, but when that room, which needs a lot of work, starts seeing improvement, I'll post some pictures.

eazakes@juno.com

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see pictures. Everything looks great! I kinda thought the aquarium room looked cool- but alas, it wouldn't really have gone with any of my color schemes either. I like the colors for each of your "personal" rooms. Question is: who will have to give up their room first for Baby Zakes?

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks, and then, hopefully we'll make it over there sometime after everything is finished.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

ps i can't believe the quilted floor - that's outta' control! I also love how many windows you have, and how green the yard is with the trees and cool shrubs.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eddy
These were the first pictures I have seen even of the outside, but I have to say it looks fantastic. Can't wait to come over some day and see it.
Love patti

12:59 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Nice house. Good work too. Isn't it exciting to have something that's yours and make it nice and stuff?

PS. use facebook more. This is still good for your articles, but at least link it to your facebook.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the names for the original rooms. Very Eddy-esque!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home