Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Marathon Madness

The marathon went fine. Autumn and I finished in 5:45 and some very small change. We didn't run into any major problems other than the heat. It got up to 86 degrees. We'd been training in the low 50 degree temperature range and then we hit this major two day warming trend, so we definitely suffered from that.

My dad finished in 4:40 in his first marathon at the age of 49 with no long history of running so that was pretty exciting for him.

My mom ran into a lower leg problem during her training and had to take 5 weeks off with no running and then visited a therapist every week thereafter, so that certainly hurt her. Her long run was only about 15 miles. She managed to make it 17-18 before the bus caught her. The course wrapped up at just over a 6:10 hr pace.

Autumn and I were safely under the time limit for her first marathon by about 20-25 minutes and had an enjoyable (and perhaps repeatable) experience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Congratulations. I am very very proud of you guys! I was telling everyone I knew that weekend that my bro and sister in law were running a marathon. Yeah - I'm proud of you!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the highlights of my run was the hug I got from you after it was over.
Guess who.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home